Wednesday, January 29, 2014

NA Review - Simple Perfection (#2) by Abbi Glines

Simple Perfection (Perfection #2) by Abbi Glines




Goodreads Blurb


Woods had his perfect life mapped out for him. Rise up the ranks of the family business. Marry the rich girl of his parents’ dreams. Pretend that wealth and privilege was all he’d ever wanted. Then a girl named Della breezed into town, a beautifully imperfect stranger who captured his heart and opened his eyes to a new kind of future. Woods is ready and willing to sacrifice everything for her when the sudden death of his father leaves him with his mother to care for and a business to manage.

Della is determined to be strong for Woods, even as she’s quietly falling to pieces. No matter how far from home she’s run, the ghosts of her past have never stopped haunting her. Struggling to hide her true feelings from Woods, Della fears she can’t be his rock without dragging him down into the darkness with her. But is she strong enough to let go of the last thing holding her together?


3.5 Stars!
(I just realised I don't have a 3.5 Stars, so I thought I would add both of those images ^. Since I was kind of stuck between those thoughts while I was reading the novel.)



Wow... I'm at a lost for words. This book was such an emotional rollercoaster, with so many surprises and twists thrown into the mix that just when I was getting use to one thing I'd get shocked with another one.
 Simple Perfection continues where Twisted Perfection left off. We get to see how everything turns out now that Woods is the owner of the Kerrington country club. Of course with Angelina and his mom thrown into the mix, you'll definitely be expecting some bumpy rides. But when Della still has the nightmares of her pasts taunting her, well... let's just say that's where everything gets really interesting and the twists begin. ;) 

But as the revelations gets uncovered, just when you think there's a happily ever after in the horizon for our favorite characters, Abbi just has to shake things up to get a rise out of us. With so many surprises in the novel, there is one in particular that had me bawling my eyes out, thinking Nooooo! Abbi how could you! *then sits there trynna find a way of why Abbi would do this to us* 

As the one shocking event that no one saw coming rocks the town, I really thought yep that's it, that's all Abbi has for us. But nope she just has to throw something else in there. And as I kept on reading towards the end, I realise that Woods and Della's story may be over but the other characters story are just beginning. And man oh man am I excited about that! I really dread the day when Abbi finally closes this series, because these Characters have really grown on me that I can't imagine ANY of their stories ending. :(

Reading about another favorite couple finally getting their HEA, I realise how deeply I feel for these characters I've grown to love and even though they've been through so much, their love is stronger than anything the world has to offer and it's a great example that we just gotta hold on to things that truly matter no matter what obstacles are in our way.

Okay so to the bad things (I know I know, we don't wanna know anything bad) but its only a minor thing I swear! I feel like Abbi should have expanded more on what happened to Angelina and Mrs Kerrington. I feel like they just disappeared from the storyline out of no where without a solid answer, and they've been a big part of Woods and a bit of Della's life since the beginning and it would have been nice to see if they would resolve their issues or what with each other? Maybe even put the past behind them and try and get along? Or forbade each other from seeing someone? Just something to let us know what happened to them in the end...

But overall, to me it was the unexpected surprises that made this novel an enjoyable sequel to book one. And of course Woods and Della and the supporting characters that truly made it perfect to read.


So, does it sound like you'll love this novel? Then Go get your copy now! =)












No comments:

Post a Comment